Monday 6 October 2008

Black Sesame Cookies

I've baked some black sesame cookies on Saturday.
It's very tasty but a bit sweet to me.
I think I'll reduce the sugar next time if I bake it again although my family said it's alright.

I'm now baking muffins for my breakfast.
I can't believe I can keep it up, this is the 3rd week I'm having muffins.
Well, I try not to have the same favour every time.

Back to college tomorrow~~~ end of holiday -____-

Recipe:
1 egg
100g butter (unsalted)
190g plain flour
120g sugar (reduced to 110g might be better)
soda 1/2 tsp
70g black sesame seeds

Method:
1. Grind 40g black sesame seeds into powder.
2. Butter (softened) + sugar, beat until smooth. 
3. Add egg & mix well.
4. Add sieved plain flour, soda & black sesame powder & mix well.
5. Add 30g of black sesame seeds & mix well.
6. Put it in the fridge for 30 min.
7. Roll into small sized balls, place 5 cm apart, flatten slightly.
8. Bake at 170'C for 15 - 20 min.

I didn't grind the black sesame seeds, instead I got it from a Japanese grocery shop called Rice Wine Shop in Soho.
The black sesame seeds can be replaced with the white ones because it's available in most supermarkets.
Well, I tried this recipe before with almond powder (60g) & white sesame seeds (20g).
I forgot to take a photo before eating it all.
It tasted the same, but I forgot to reduce the sugar this time when I used black sesame seeds.

3 comments:

  1. I have black sesame seeds & have been trying to find ways of using them more so will try your recipe. And like you, I prefer them less sweet so will cut back on the sugar. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like the cookies! There are more recipes using sesame seeds on my blog, enjoy exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging,
    party shoes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails