Monday 22 March 2010

Black & White ~Brie White Chocolate Cheesecake~


I'm going back to London soon so I can focus on my revision.
I think I will not update my blog for a few weeks.
Before going back to London, I took my time to make this cheesecake.
Although I'm not fond of white chocolate, I wanted to make a cheesecake to fit a black & white theme.
Searching through the internet, I found a lot of recipes of white chocolate cheesecake.
Among those, the most interesting one is the one that uses Brie cheese.
Well, I always make myself a petit one & leave the big one for my family.
I couldn't be bothered to take a picture of the big one but believe me, I did make the big one.
Just use your imagination to scale up this petit one to the size of the plate, isn't the petit one much cuter?





Also, I make some necklaces to fit the black & white theme.
I have made the ones on the left a long time ago but my brother keeps forgetting to take pictures for me.
The one on the right is the same design as the one seen in my last post 'pink lady'.
I have to say it's more challenging to shoot jewelry than desserts, I often find it difficult to find the right angle to present the beauty of a piece of jewelry.


Recipe (6" round):
adapted from here

Crust:
200g Oreo biscuit crumbs (without fillings)
100g unsalted butter (melted)

Mix the crust ingredients & press over base & side of a round cake pan. Refrigerate before use.

Filling:
400g cream cheese
220g Brie cheese (weigh after removing rind)
75g sugar (original 100g)
75g white chocolate
3 eggs

Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, set aside.
Beat cream cheese until smooth, set aside.
Beat the Brie cheese until completely smooth & elastic.
Gradually beat in the cream cheese until smooth.
Add the sugar, then the eggs, one at a time.
Pour in the melted white chocolate & blend until smooth & creamy.
Pour into the prepared pan & bake in waterbath for 60-75 min in a preheated oven at 150'C.
Remove from the oven & cool in pan for 2-4 hours.
Remove from the pan & decorate with white chocolate flakes or as you like before serving.

Note: I have reduced the sugar to 75g as the oreo biscuits are sweet. If you prefer to bake this without the biscuit crumbs, you might consider adding more sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails