Saturday 7 August 2010

Baileys Irish Coffee Cheesecake with Lavender Mousse


After having a great trip to Paris, I was so tempted to make something like the cakes I ate in Paris but when I thought twice, 'No, it's too complicated'.
I enjoyed eating them but not so to make them, maybe I'll take the challenge one day.







I went back to Basildon for the weekend & did shopping in the town, I bought a book about French cuisine & a lovely heart-shaped silicone mould.
I was surprised to find a bottle of Baileys Irish cream in the cupboard as we tend to drink wines.


Anyone adores coffee would definitely love the cheesecake, it's rich & creamy.
I didn't intend to make the lavender mousse to go with the cheesecake, I wanted to use the leftover cream cheese.
So, I made lavender mousse & I could use the newly bought silicone mould.
I was being adventurous & I wondered how it would taste to serve the coffee cheesecake with lavender mousse.
The taste was hard to explain, I was amazed how well these 2 flavours blended together for a subtle taste.





Recipe (6'' round + 3 x 2'' round):
Lavender mousse
50g cream cheese
70g whipping cream
25g sugar
2 tsp dried lavender
60ml hot water
3g sheet gelatine


Make a lavender tea, then strain & reserve tea.
Add the gelatine to the lavender tea, stir until dissolved.
In a small bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth.
In another bowl, whisk whipping cream with sugar until stiff.
Fold in the cream cheese, then the lavender tea.
Fill in a heart-shaped silicone mould or any mould you like & freeze until hard.


Baileys Irish Coffee Cheesecake
adapted from here (Chinese)
Crust:
100g caramelised biscuit crumbs
30g unsalted butter (melted)


Mix all ingredients & bake in a preheated oven at 150'C for 10-15 min or until dark brown.
Press into the round pan & refrigerate to set.



Coffee cheese filling:
150g milk
10g coffee powder
1/2 stick vanilla pod (split in half)
250g cream cheese
90g sugar
200g whipping cream
65g Baileys Irish cream
12g sheet gelatine

Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod with a knife, add the seeds & pods to the milk.
Add coffee powder to the milk, heat until boiling.
Remove from heating, add gelatine & stir to dissolve, then leave aside to cool before use.
In a large bowl, whisk cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
In another bowl, whisk up whipping cream then fold in the cream cheese.
Gently fold in the coffee milk followed by Baileys Irish cream.
Pour in the prepared pan & refrigerate to set (at least 4 h).

4 comments:

  1. These both look amazing!! The Cheesecake looks to die for! I love coffee!
    Would you mind checking out my blog? :D http://ajscookingsecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwww... I don't even like cheesecake, but this looks heavenly! Bailey's is, like, my favorite thing ever. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I convert the sheet gelatin to powdered gelatin? It's kind of hard to get the sheet gelatin here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indulge in the rich flavors of Baileys Irish Coffee Cheesecake and savor every bite, while finding inspiration in the delightful Cheesecake Quotes that celebrate this creamy dessert. Treat yourself to a slice of heaven and let the cheesecake do the talking!




    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails