Monday 30 August 2010

Cheesecake & Update



It has been a long time since the last post.
The main reason is that I'm extremely busy with my study as I'm writing up report and finishing my project.
This is a great excuse but part of the reason is it seems like I've less & less to write about.
I'm not inspired to write nor bake recently, well I'm not a great writer after all.
However, I did bring my camera with me for a short walk, I did work on jewelry & I also baked.




As I'm still busy with my study, I'll not update the blog until it ends.
I'm planning on a 'giveaway' to celebrate the end of my course, well not the end of my study as I'm doing a PhD in October.
Anyway, I'll announce the details in mid-September :)


A random walk at Soho to combat the stress.


A necklace to spoil myself.


A cheesecake to comfort myself.



Recipe (6" round):
Caramel & Earl Grey Apples
2 apples
50g sugar
50g unsalted butter
1 teabag of earl grey tea
2 tbsp of lemon juice

Peel, core & slice apples into small slices.
Combine butter, sugar & teabag in a small saucepan, cook until golden colour.
Reduce the heat, add in apple slices & lemon juice, cook until apples soften.
Remove from heating & set aside for cooling.

Crust
70g digestive biscuit crumbs
30g unsalted butter (melted)

Mix the ingredients & press into a 6" springform pan.
Arrange the caramel & earl grey apple slices at the bottom, refrigerate before use.

Cheesecake filling
200g cream cheese
1 egg (slightly beaten)
70g whipping cream
60g light soft brown sugar

Whisk cream cheese & sugar until smooth.
Gradually blend in whipping cream & egg.
Pour into the prepared pan & wrap the pan with double layer of aluminium foil.
Bake in a hot water bath for 40-60 min in a preheated oven at 150'C.
Remove from the oven & cool in the pan to room temperature.
Cool further in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen so many recipes lately for carrot cake! So far, I think yours must be the best! The other one I really like is this Pure Pumpkin Cheesecake. What do you think? Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I'm very impressed with your apple cheesecake. It looks delicious.

    Could you adjust the recipe to a 7 or 9 inch cake pan?

    I have those pans to hand and I'm dying to try it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails