Sunday 5 December 2010

Passionfruit & Cheesecake


Snow finally arrived in London this week.
I woke up earlier that morning & took my camera with me on my way to the college.





I made this before the snow.
I picked up some passionfruit whist I shopped at the supermarket.
I like the intense & tropical aroma of passionfruit & its infinite use with cakes.
I baked some cheesecakes to serve with the passionfruit curd, of course it can be used simply as a spread on toast.
To increase the favour, I also added a spoon of caramel apple mousse or you can serve with vanilla ice cream instead.


Recipe:
Passionfruit curd
Pulp of 6 passionfruit
80g sugar
2 eggs
60g butter

In a small saucepan, heat the passionfruit pulp, eggs & sugar over simmering water.
Whisk whilst heating until the curd begins to thicken.
Remove from heating & stir in the butter.
Stored in a sterilised jar & keep in the fridge for about a week.

Mini cheesecake (6 x 3" hemisphere)
280g cream cheese
3 tbsp sugar
2 eggs

Preheat oven to150'C.
Beat cheese & sugar until smooth.
Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Bake in the oven for 10-15 min & leave to cool inside the oven.
Remove from the oven, refrigerate for at least 2 h before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails