Tuesday 30 August 2011

Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Jam


I'm into homemade jam recently.
The jam I've made is very simple, only contain 2 or 3 ingredients: fruits, sugar, sometimes lemon juice.
That's all & it's great.
So, my recent breakfast includes toasted breads with jam, a kiwi & a cup of soya milk.
I baked a chocolate cake one day & had it for breakfast.
Not guilty of having chocolate cake in the morning, it definitely made my day happy!


Recipe:
Chocolate cake
2 eggs
70 g unsalted butter
50 g milk chocolate
70 g condensed milk
150 g plain flour
15 g cocoa powder
120 ml milk
1 tsp bp
1/4 tsp soda
Pinch of salt

Line the loaf cake pan with baking paper.
In a large bowl, whisk softened butter with sugar until pale & fluffy.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
Blend in molten chocolate & condensed milk.
Sift in all flour, cocoa powder, bp, soda & salt, mix until smooth.
Pour in milk & mix until smooth.
Pour into the prepared pan & bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 35-45 min.
Remove from the oven & leave to cool on a wire rack.

Simple Raspberry Jam
400 g frozen raspberry
150 g sugar

In a saucepan, combine sugar & raspberry, cook until it thickens.
Pour into a sterile jar & store in a refrigerator upto 3 weeks.

3 comments:

  1. I've been into homemade jam as well recently, and have not tasted store bought ones since. And out of point, but I've the same fish fork in your photo and you make it look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine, thanks for stopping by. I haven't bought any store jam since I get into homemade jam. Homemade just much better & healthier. I got the fish fork as a set from Malaysia!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails