Friday 16 March 2012

Rose Angel


I baked this rose angel food cake from egg whites left after I made the chocolate concerto.
I was thinking to bake a lavender one instead of rose but I just couldn’t find it from all those tins & jars in my kitchen.
My sister isn’t fond of the rose fragrant, she prefers lavender but I think it's alright.
The cake is not overly sweet, tender & ethereally light.
I could have eaten the entire cake by myself in one sitting.


I don’t have a cake pan for angel food cake so I used a 6” round cake pan, seems to be fine.
I might invest one as I think I’ll bake more angel food cakes.
For those who are trying to watch their diet & calorie intake, this is a perfect dessert.

Recipe (6” round):
adapted from Low-Fat Desserts (chinese)
180 g egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
pinch of salt
75 g caster sugar
30 g plain flour
30 g corn flour
1 tbsp dried rose buds
1 tbsp hot water

Preheat oven to 180C.
Remove stems from the rose buds & loosen the petals, combine with hot water.
In a large mixing bowl, combine egg whites & salt.
Mix sugar with cream of tartar, adding it gradually to egg whites & whisk to soft peaks.
Mix & sift the flours, fold gently with the whipped egg whites.
Add in the rose petals & pour into a non-greased cake pan.
Bake in a preheated oven for 25 min.
Remove from oven & cool upside down on a wire rack.

7 comments:

  1. I have never made an angel cake before but have always loved the snow white appearance of it. Great styling for the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this was my first try with angel cake, turned out quite good :)

      Delete
  2. Trully angelicious!
    By the way, how many approximately egg whites are in 180g? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Migle, it's about 5 egg whites. Happy baking!

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful picture. I've never made an angel food cake before but you've really inspired me to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try this & you won't regret it. it's really nice!

      Delete
  4. When choosing the Antique Basin Taps, one should shop around before purchasing a specific item. There is always a tendency to find something that may sometimes look better or be priced in a more pleasing way than the purchased one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails