Friday 14 September 2012

Sweet Potato Cheesecake with Streusel



Can't believe it's the 5th year of this blog.
In the beginning, the blog was begun as a journal for my handmade jewellery.
Then, I started to bake & soon addicted to it.
After getting a micro 4/3 GF1 camera, I had learnt a lot when I used it & so did the baking.
However, after getting the expensive Fuji x-pro 1 camera a few months ago, I haven't been taking photographs & baking very often.
Mainly because my Ph.D is now in final year, I get busy with research & feel more stress.
At weekend, I prefer to rest & not doing anything... but I bake sometimes, then I will update the blog.


Happy weekend :)


Baked Sweet Potato Cheesecake (6" round):
Crust
75 g caramelised ginger biscuit crumbs
25 g unsalted butter, melted

Mix all ingredients & toast in oven at 180C for 10-15 min.
Once cool, press down to a 6" springform cake pan.

Streusel
20 g unsalted butter, chilled
25 g sugar
25 g ground almond
25 g flour

Mix all ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs, refrigerate before use.

Cheesecake filling
120 g cream cheese
56 g sugar
50 g egg
10 g corn flour
70 g sour cream
150 g sweet potato, steamed & mashed

Preheat oven to 160C.
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar & corn flour until smooth.
Add sour cream in 2 portions & mix well after each addition.
Add mashed sweet potato & mix well.
Add egg & mix well.
Pour in the prepared pan & sprinkle with the streusel topping.
Bake in a preheated oven for 25-28 min. 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your work and wish long live your blog. Handicraftbd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blog Anniversary! What a nice cheesecake, did you use yams?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sabine, I haven't used yam for desserts, but what a good idea, maybe next time I can try using yam for cheesecake :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails